The present generation craves for learning that conventional teaching methods cannot provide. Students want to have more in their learning experiences. This is brought about by the fact that technology has been readily available to modern youth. Before children even attend formal schooling, parents have already provided them with gadgets that allow them to manipulate images and content, shown on the monitors. Most young students have experienced the Internet and mobile communications through devices such as smart phones, laptops, and tablets. These and social networking sites elevate the interactive experience. Television and the Internet are seen now as the modern student’s best friends.
Through the help of e-learning, your students are allowed to utilize the technology available for them to gain more knowledge. When they learn more, you gain the satisfaction that you are, indeed, providing quality education to your children.
Benefits of E-Learning
The following are the known benefits of e-learning:
- It’s customized and personal. E-learning provides a more tailored form of learning for your child. Some students learn quickly, while others take more time. Different learning styles require learning tools that will be able to deliver the lessons very well. Through this customized and personal approach to learning, your child will learn according to his or her learning style and abilities. E-learning tools are engaging and accessible. You can even gauge your child’s progress with e-learning systems.
- It’s interactive. Passivity is avoided in e-learning. Knowledge is not only heard and seen. The students experience what they learn. Your child is exposed to real-life situations, enabling them to retain the lesson in the long-term memory slot.
- It’s engaging. It is very stimulating for your child to learn through e-learning. Virtual tools have role-playing and multi-player modes that help your student gain more confidence.
Effectiveness of E-Learning
E-learning is very effective because of many factors:
- It’s in real-time. Your child learns at any given time and place. There is no need to adhere to certain schedules anymore. Internet access isn’t even a problem with e-learning. You can just upload the result of the content that you studied offline when you regain your Internet connection.
- It gives you the courage to fail. Children are afraid to be humiliated when they fail during a class recitation. With e-learning, failure is faced with more openness and confidence. Exploration is even triggered as your child learns to test various ideas. The best part is that you child can always start over. These are often unachievable in conventional classroom setups.
Online Educational Games
Online educational games are also helpful in e-learning. Through these creative tools, your child learns lessons on dealing with emotions, computer basics, and various social skills. These games also teach your child to develop more focus. Your student’s attention span becomes much longer because the task has to be finished for the game to progress. Your child also learns about sense of achievement, self-confidence, and patience.
By playing these games online, your child has the chance to know other cultures. Other children from every corner of the world can play with your child. The interaction makes all of them familiar with other traditions as well. Ultimately, your child learns how to work with other people, regardless.
Help your child explore more e-learning options. Many e-learning tools available for you to try. Start now and harness the benefits of this type of hi-tech learning.
Featured photo: Lupuca
Jade is regular content provider for Inspire Education and other self improvement and education related blogs. She is fond of spending time with family and friends, reading, writing, and listening to her favorite music. Get in touch with her through her Twitter and Google+ accounts.