I have picked 3 of the key trends from the international catwalks to add to your workwear this year! I hope you caught my first article on monochrome!
The next big trend for 2013 is Green! Every year Pantone ‘the global colour authority’ picks a colour from its extensive range to be its chosen hue and this year it’s emerald green.
Green is the new black ladies!
- Untold Boatneck Sleeveless Top Was $95 Now $48 (House of Fraser)
- Ottoman Hands Circle Drop Earrings $41.06 (ASOS)
- Fever Polly Peplum Dress $199 (Frockoholics)
- Joseph Watch Short Stretch Cotton Blazer $505 (Net A Porter)
- Tiffany Villa Paloma Palm Bead Bracelet $975
- Giuseppe Zanotti Lagoon Suede Pumps Was $500 Now $250 (Style Bop)
- L’Wren Scott Pencil Skirt $845 (Style Bop)
- Jill Sander Emerald Leather New Malavoglia Bag $1645 (Style Bop)
- Alannah Hill At Your Service Dear Belt $119
- Nicole by OPI Khloe Had A Little Lam-Lam Nail Polish $14.90
Tips on wearing green:
- Wear with gold, red, silver or rose jewellery.
- Pair green with white, blue, pink, purple, gold, grey or black.
- Best colour shoes to wear with green? Beige, black, brown, yellow, red, pink, purple or even leopard print. Lots of choices depending on your office environment!
- If you don’t see yourself wearing green just add green accessories to your wardrobe: a bag, belt, jewellery, shoes or even nail polish!
Green is such an easy addition and there are different shades to suit every skin tone!
But which green?
- Olive and emerald greens are great for brunettes and dark skin types.
- Bright green is a great choice for warm blondes.
- Mint green is a good colour for ash blonde and grey hair.
- And you lucky redheads any shade of green is great for you!
Will you be adding green to your Autumn work wardrobe?
Stay tuned for my final instalment of ‘Key Trends For 2013!
Mama Stylista is a Mother, Stylist, Presenter and Blogger with over 15 years experience in fashion having worked as a fashion buyer, event organiser and stylist. Founder of the ‘Mama Stylista‘ blog that combines Motherhood and Fashion!
We loved this story and emerald green soo much that we got all inspired and went on a hunt for our favourite pieces. Here they are:
Leaders in Heels Editor in Chief Kasia loves…
And Style Editor Sharon loves…
Featured Image: Swamibu