So ladies, this is the final instalment of my ‘Key Trends For Your 2013 Work Wardrobe’. You can catch up with the other two instalments on Emerald Green here and Monochrome here. This week it’s all about baroque and jacquard, two massive trends for 2013 as seen on runways all over the world including Balmain, Dolce & Gabbana, Valentino and David Jones. Lavish baroque inspired prints, elaborate luxe brocades, opulent jacquard and rich embroidered detailing are everywhere!
Baroque and Jacquard
2. Biba Floral Jacquard Dress $245 (House of Fraser)
4. Ksubi Baroque Peplum Top $229.95
These sumptuous looks are the perfect style for Autumn!
Although these trends can seem rather dramatic you can still easily add them to your workwear. Here’s how:
- Shop for tailored pieces, jackets or suiting with jacquard/baroque prints or structured brocade
- Choose one item of clothing to add to your outfit, a baroque inspired top/skirt or a floral jacquard dress
- Ditch your standard black pants and opt for jacquard print to wear with a classic black blazer
- Choose a statement piece for your work wardrobe like a jacquard print coat.
- Wear baroque inspired garments with neutral colours, black and white in particular
- If this trend screams OTT then you can always just accessorise with shoes, a bag or even sunglasses
Will you be injecting a little drama into your work attire?