[UPDATE] Please visit this page to read about the event and purchase tickets.
Dear Leaders in Heels readers and friends,
In almost every industry sector, men hold the majority of senior positions controlling both human and financial resources while only 3 per cent of chief executive officers in Australia are women.
I believe that the situation of women in the workplace can only improve if we engage both women and men in the change process. This is a cause I’m passionate about!
On 2nd September 2014 I will be holding a cocktail event and panel discussion called “50 | 50 Future Leaders”. The aim of the event is to engage men in advocating for women in the workplace thus helping to bridge and even eliminate the gender equality gaps. There will be a panel discussion on this topic led by some influential men and women in Australia. The speakers confirmed to date are:
- Elizabeth Broderick, Sex Discrimination Commissioner, Australian Human Rights Commission
- Andrew Stevens, Managing Director, IBM Australia and New Zealand, Male Champion of Change
- Diana Ryall, Managing Director of Xplore for Success, former Managing Director of Apple
- Gordon Cairns, Non-Executive Director of Origin Energy, Senior Advisor McKinsey & Company, prior CEO Lion Nathan and PepsiCo ( Frito-Lay ) Australia; Male Champion of Change
- Cassandra Kelly, Joint CEO of Pottinger and founder of The Glass Elevator, recognised in 2012 by the Financial Review/Westpac 100 Women of Influence awards as one of the most influential women in management and the boardroom
Elizabeth Broderick, Sex Discrimination Commissioner will be chairing the event in front of a 200+ member audience. The event will include men and women as part of the dialogue in equal numbers.
This is an official call-out for various volunteers, partners and sponsors for the event: venue sponsor, media sponsor, advertising agency sponsor, catering and beverage sponsor, event management, graphic design, printing sponsor, public relations, photographer, video sponsor and recruitment agency.
If you are interested in participating or know anyone else who is passionate about this cause I would be grateful if you passed on my details.
If you would like to speak to me about how you can get involved in this event either as a partner, sponsor or volunteer please contact me selecting the topic “Partnership”.
If you would like to be emailed about the event closer to date please subscribe here and select the option “We need a Champion! Event and Red Heel Day”.
Together we can make a difference!
Founder and Publisher of Leaders in Heels