- only an estimated 6% of Australians benefit from a teleworking arrangement*.
- the global average for teleworking stands at 10% (these people work from home every day).
- 20% of global workers are teleworking for employers overseas.
- Ensure the employee is operating in a safe working environment.
- Create and implement a solid teleworking policy, which covers working hours, location and expectations in terms of productivity.
- Technology is your friend. Use video and live chat as well as collaborative editing.
- Create “Smart Goals” which are measurable and deliverable so that the expectations you laid out in your policy are easily monitored.
- Group initiatives will maintain a team mentality, try creating quarterly goals and themes (we do it, it works!)
Melinda is a HR Manager with Employment Innovations (EI), based in Melbourne; she primarily assists clients in the retail and hospitality industry. With over 10 years of experience in human resource management, Mel provides advice and training on HR practices and employment law, assisting clients with the implementation of effective human resource tools and strategies. Visit www.thinkei.com.